Perhaps this is you?!
I’m looking for people interested in being part of a poetry and publishing collective. Here is what I have in mind, if it sounds a bit vague, it’s because I’m creating something I’ve not seen before. If the following adventure sparks something in you, I’d love to hear from you.
Be part of a 8-10 session online community commencing mid-July where we will write, read and publish our poems in a collection together.
Here’s what I see us doing together:
- Creating a supportive, encouraging and healing community.
- Gathering weekly via Zoom.
- Sharing and submitting poems for feedback.
- Writing poems covering themes / prompts.
- Writing poems for one another.
- Publishing a collection of poems in a softcover and eBook that will be available worldwide for Christmas 2021.
I’d like to serve you by:
- Creating a safe space for you to explore and improve your gift.
- Pointing you towards voices and resources to help you discover your own style and story.
- Walking you through the self-publishing process using major print-on-demand services.
- Getting your name out there by leveraging my network and influence.
There will be a cost involved of around AUD$700 (approx USD$550). This cost covers the weekly ZOOM gatherings (90-120 min) and fees involved in publishing – yes, even self-publishing incurs a cost (editor, art, proofs, print, shipping). You’ll also receive a number of soft copies and access to more copies at a near-cost price.
If this is of interest, please let me know. Perhaps you’ve published your poems to social media. Maybe you’ve got many poems hidden away. Maybe you’ve published a collection and would like to write more with others. Whatever the case, if you’re a lover of poetry and people, I’d like to hear from you. Once I have numbers and time zones, I’ll be in touch with finer details.
Update July 1st: All spots have been filled. If you would like to be first in line for a possible 2022 course/project, please fill out the interest form